Producer : Yoodlee Films
Co-Writer | Director | Co-Producer : Devashish Makhija
Cast : Trimala Adhikari, Sharvani Suryavanshi, Manuj Sharma, Abhishek Banerjee
A young girl is forced to re-enact a sex-crime. She is revealed to be a helpless victim of a much larger, more vicious, yet casual misogyny.
‘Happy’ is the missing epilogue to the feature film ‘Ajji’, to show the satisfied viewer that there are no happy endings to such stories.
- Bengaluru International Short Film Festival 2019
- SIGNS Kerala 2019
- Cutting Edge International Film Festival 2019
- Chennai International Short Film Festival 2020
- “Not for the first time (Agli Baar, Taandav, Ajji), the voyeuristic dimension of technology – more specifically, the cell phone camera – is used to reflect the psychological violation of a culture. Based in the bleak Ajji universe, ‘Happy’ is another damning critique of casual misogyny.”
~ Film Companion
- “Absolute gut wrenching terror… the short film not just encapsulates the entire essence of Ajji but takes it up a notch. It constantly reminds you that this is what has been happening and what we are blind to until it happens to us.”
- “Hated it and loved it at the same time. Brutal. Brilliant.”
~ Raj Nidimoru (dir. Family Man, Shor In The City)